Old Masters Market | Tools & Analysis
Demystifying the Old Masters market.
Old Masters Market
Welcome to this online course on the The Old Masters Market. This course offers an introduction to anyone interested in learning more about this particular sector of the global art market. For students or collectors who feel as though the Old Masters are a mystery to them, this course offers a step-by-step guide on the key market characteristics, value drivers, challenges and opportunities. The course also provides complimentary access to recent ArtTactic Old Masters Market reports and analysis.
We are also pleased to offer a supplemental section on a subset of the Old Masters Market: Old Master Drawings. This medium specific course explores a small, yet active corner of the Old Masters, a wonderful place to start for collectors looking to try train their eye and try their hand at collecting.
In this course, Megan Corcoran Locke, Old Masters Researcher for ArtTactic, will guide participants through the basics of valuation of Old Master works, the structure of the market, analysis of historical performance and an exploration of the risks and opportunities associated with this sector of the arts.
The course Includes:
- Videos: The course includes access to 1h 37m of online video content.
- Slides: The students can download pdf copy of the slides used in the presentations.
- Reports: Complimentary ArtTactic art market reports including the Special Edition London Art Week Old Master Reports for 2018 and as well as for 2019, as well as our Old Master Paintings Market Report – Summer 2020. (The combined value of these reports is £600).
- Test quizzes: A quick recap of some of the content and issues raised in the online lecture
- Certification: The student will be issued with a certificate of completion when all the online videos have been completed and the quizzes answered.
- CPD Accredited: Our courses have been independently evaluated for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes by The CPD Certification Service.
Certification: Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Our courses have been independently evaluated for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes by The CPD Certification Service. This means our courses comply with universally accepted principles of Continual Professional Development (CPD) and have been structured to meet the criteria of personal development plans. Join one of the online courses below and get an ArtTactic Certificate of Completion with the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certification stamp.
Since 2016 Megan has served as the Gallery Manager for Stephen Ongpin Fine Art, a St. James’s gallery specialising in Old Master, 19th Century and Modern drawings and works on paper. The gallery mounts annual exhibitions of Master Drawings in both London and New York, issues regular catalogues, and participates in art fairs in London, Maastricht, Paris and New York. Outside of the gallery, Megan conducts market research on Old Master Paintings for auction data analytics company ArtTactic, working with both dealers and auction houses to expand their Old Masters database and expertise. Megan also works with the London Art Week team as an account manager, helping to develop one of the most prestigious dealer-led events of pre-Contemporary art in London. Prior to professionally entering the art world, Megan worked in financial services at Barclays Capital, having previously received her bachelor’s degree in art history from Harvard University and her master’s degree in art business from Sotheby’s Institute of Art in London.