LEVEL 3: Fair Value Analysis
This online course introduces a model for determining and analysing market value vs fair value of an individual art work.
THE PATHWAY TO BECOME AN ART MARKET ANALYST
LEVEL 3: Fair Value Analysis
This is the third online course in our 'Pathway to become an art market analyst'.
This course is a building block on both Big Data and the Art Market (Level 1) and Artist Market Analysis (Level 2), and takes the participant on an analytical journey to establish the market value and the fair value of an individual art object. The analysis is based on the Damien Hirst data provided in Level 2: Artist Market Analysis, and it is important that you finish this course before going on to Level 3.
The course introduces participants to the difference between market value and fair value, and provides a practical guide for using market trends to analyse and adjust comparable transactions, and to use this to help establish market value. The ArtTactic Market Metrics from Level 2: Artist Market Analysis, is brought into the analysis to establish the 'Fair Value' of the art work.
In addition to this, we will provide a 15 minute online Excel workshop on how to analyse comparable transactions using a subset of the data provided in the Level 2 online course.
The course includes:
- Videos: You will have access to 1h 10m of online video content. The content of this course is building on ArtTactic's own framework for fair analysis and what Anders Petterson is regularly teaching for Art Business programmes at Sotheby's Institute in London. The course also include a 15 minutes Excel workshop.
- Slides: The students can download pdf copies of the slides used in the presentations.
- Excel spreadsheet: The student will have access to a subset of data (auction data for Damien Hirst) and a spreadsheet with both tables and graphical tools.
- Certificate of Completion [NEW]: The student will be issued with a certificate of completion when all the online videos have been completed.
- CPD Accredited: Our courses have been independently evaluated for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes by The CPD Certification Service.
Certification: Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Our courses have been independently evaluated for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes by The CPD Certification Service. This means our courses comply with universally accepted principles of Continual Professional Development (CPD) and have been structured to meet the criteria of personal development plans. Join one of the online courses below and get an ArtTactic Certificate of Completion with the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certification stamp.
Anders is a leading authority on the art market, with particular focus on art market research and analysis. He is the Founder and Managing Director of ArtTactic, a London-based art market research and data intelligence company he set up in 2001.
All the online courses are based on his own experience in collecting, analysing and presenting data on the global art market, and the courses will give an insight into how ArtTactic conceptualizes, designs and executes research projects linked to art market and introduces analytical models to better understand the value of art.
Anders has been lecturing on the topic of Art Market Analysis and Art as an Asset Class for Sotheby’s Institute of Art in London since 2005, and is a regular speaker on these topics at international conferences and seminars.
ArtTactic is also well-known for its industry research on the art market and its intersection with other industries, such as the Deloitte | ArtTactic Art & Finance Report, TEFAF Art Dealer Finance Report 2018, and the TEFAF Art Patronage Report 2020. ArtTactic has also produced the Hiscox Online Art Trade Report annually since 2013.
Anders Petterson is a founding Board Member of Professional Advisors to the International Art Market (PAIAM), a role he has had since 2011. PAIAM was founded in London in 2011 bringing together professionals who provide specialist services to the art market.such as lawyers, accountants, tax advisors, insurance specialists and logistics experts, amongst others.
Connect on LinkedIn