LEVEL 2: Artist Market Analysis
Using data and tools to create your own art market analysis
THE PATHWAY TO BECOME AN ART MARKET ANALYST
LEVEL 2: Artist Market Analysis
This is the second stage in our 'Pathway to become an art market analyst'.
The purpose of this online course is to use some of the key data sources we introduced in the Big Data and the Art Market to design and build a bottom-up artist market analysis.
The course will introduce participants to the report structure for the analysis, data collection and data structure, as well as introducing a series of analytical tools that can be used to interpret the market for an individual artist. In addition to this, we will provide a 30 minute online Excel workshop with access to raw data and excel tools, run by Anders Petterson.
The course will use a case study using Damien Hirst, and all participants will have access to ArtTactic's Damien Hirst Report from April 2017.
The course includes:
- Videos: You will have access to 1h 40m of online video content. The content of this course is building on ArtTactic's own framework for analysis and what Anders Petterson is regularly teaching for Art Business programmes at Sotheby's Institute in London. The course also include a 30 minutes Excel workshop.
- Slides: The students can download pdf copies of the slides used in the presentations.
- Excel spreadsheet: The student will have access to practice data (exhibition data and auction data for Damien Hirst) and a spreadsheet with both tables and graphical tools.
- Reports: Complimentary ArtTactic art market reports (Francis Bacon Report - June 2016 and Damien Hirst Report - April 2017). The combined value of these reports are just under £200).
- Certification [NEW]: The student will be issued with a certificate of completion when all the online videos have been completed.
- CPD Accredited: Our courses have been independently evaluated for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes by The CPD Certification Service.
Certification: Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Our courses have been independently evaluated for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes by The CPD Certification Service. This means our courses comply with universally accepted principles of Continual Professional Development (CPD) and have been structured to meet the criteria of personal development plans. Join one of the online courses below and get an ArtTactic Certificate of Completion with the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certification stamp.
Anders is a leading authority on the art market, with particular focus on art market research and analysis. He is the Founder and Managing Director of ArtTactic, a London-based art market research and data intelligence company he set up in 2001.
All the online courses are based on his own experience in collecting, analysing and presenting data on the global art market, and the courses will give an insight into how ArtTactic conceptualizes, designs and executes research projects linked to art market and introduces analytical models to better understand the value of art.
Anders has been lecturing on the topic of Art Market Analysis and Art as an Asset Class for Sotheby’s Institute of Art in London since 2005, and is a regular speaker on these topics at international conferences and seminars.
ArtTactic is also well-known for its industry research on the art market and its intersection with other industries, such as the Deloitte | ArtTactic Art & Finance Report, TEFAF Art Dealer Finance Report 2018, and the TEFAF Art Patronage Report 2020. ArtTactic has also produced the Hiscox Online Art Trade Report annually since 2013.
Anders Petterson is a founding Board Member of Professional Advisors to the International Art Market (PAIAM), a role he has had since 2011. PAIAM was founded in London in 2011 bringing together professionals who provide specialist services to the art market.such as lawyers, accountants, tax advisors, insurance specialists and logistics experts, amongst others.
Connect on LinkedIn